Working with Families
Illuminate Psychology recognises the important role families play in supporting children and young people to feel happy and successful. It is because of this that we welcome questions from parents and guardians. The following information provides an overview of what we can offer families:
Learning is a complex matter. We use robust assessment measures to explore the cognitive, emotional and attitudinal elements involved in learning.
Our assessment process is positive and forward thinking. It focuses on identifying the relevant support and strategies needed for children and young people to learn best and achieve their goals.
It is important to note that as a service, we do not offer diagnosis. Instead, we listen carefully to what you would like to see change and support you in achieving this goal.
Illuminate Psychology is committed to empowering children and young people to feel strong and successful about themselves, regardless of the difficulties they face. We are able to offer direct work with children and young people in response to the wide range of social, emotional and academic challenges, including:
- Enhancing confidence and self-esteem
- Understanding and responding to emotions such as anger, worry and frustration
- Understanding a diagnosis and what that means for your child as an individual
- Preparing for secondary school socially, emotionally and academically
- Preparing for life following secondary school